Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm Back!

Hello, friends! I guess you were wondering where I have been--or maybe you weren't. LOL  My husband told me that there were lots of people asking for different recipes from me and I thought, "Maybe I should do a blog...Oh, wait, I already HAVE a blog. Maybe I should just update it."  So, I logged on and I just realized that it has been since DECEMBER since I have posted anything. Geez!

So, for the summer, I am going to try to start back up again. Hopefully, I will be more faithful to it and others will also comment and share their ideas. Are you with me??

First off, a request from Yolanda Johnson. She would like an easy pasta recipe that her husband would like (since she HATES pasta).  Something simple that doesn't require a lot of ingredients...and not just simply a jar of Ragu and whatever dried pasta you have around (but what is really wrong with that when you are in a pinch, right?).  Yolanda, this one is one of Greg's favorites!

Baked Cheese Tortellini--I'm even giving you the name brands I use :)
Makes enough to feed 4 or 2 with leftovers

1 20 oz.pkg.  Buitoni fresh 3-cheese tortellini
1 26 oz. jar Ragu Garden Primavera spaghetti sauce
1 8 0z. container Belgioso marscapone cheese (Italian cream cheese, found in the specialty cheese aisle at any grocery store. It is in a small size dip container.)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese for topping

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 pan lightly with butter. 

Boil the tortellini until almost done (usually 3-5 minutes), according to the directions on the package. 

Do this next step while the tortellini is boiling. Pour spaghetti sauce into a large mixing bowl.  Add the marscapone cheese and whisk it together until well blended. 

Using a slotted spoon, scoop the tortellini out of the hot water and drop it into the spaghetti & marscapone mixture. It is fine if a little water gets in--the starch will add a nice thickness to the sauce. Once all of the tortellini is in the bowl, add 1/2 cup of the shredded Parmesan cheese and stir.

Then, pour this mixture into the greased casserole dish.  Top with mozzarella & a little more Parmesan. Bake 30-35 minutes or more, depending on your oven. The cheese should be a nice golden brown. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment